Are you a marketing professional who also likes to make things in your spare time? Do you:
- Park in the driveway because your garage is full of metalworking tools?
- Watch machining videos for fun?
- Belong to your local makerspace?
- Understand advertising?
If so, we want to hear from you, especially if you have one of our machines! Even if you’re happily employed by or own a marketing firm and your firm may be interested in working with us, we still want to hear from you.
You, our future full-time Marketing Director, will lead the Marketing team. You’ll be the person responsible for everything from the way our products are presented on our website to instructional videos to digital advertisements. Main responsibilities include:
- Coordinate efforts of our content, digital advertising, and trade show staff
- Oversee creation and management of product information assets on our website and elsewhere
- Work with Marketing, Engineering, and Technical Support staff to improve how we communicate with our current and future customers
- Design and implement performance metrics
- Innovate new marketing strategies
- Manage asset and information collection process and content approval chain
- Create and maintain guidelines for product information and assets, product relationships, and category data to ensure integrity and accuracy
What Your Resume Says
- Fluency in content, digital, social, and trade show advertising
- Minimum of five years’ experience in brand or category management, especially in the tool industry, CNC, metalworking, or woodworking
- Minimum of five years’ experience in supervisory management
- Experience with solution sales and application engineering of complex and interrelated products
- Proven record of successfully coordinating and organizing multifaceted marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated experience with ecommerce tools such as PIMs
- Solid understanding of “product management” marketing and marketing fundamentals
- Personable, positive, and fun to be around; you have a sense of humor
- You know our market and understand our customers
- You prefer customer education to “buy it now” marketing, and enjoy interacting with customers
- Willing and able to effectively mentor early career professionals
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to thrive in an environment that’s less structured than larger companies
Icing on the Cake
- You’re already a customer
- Involvement with makerspaces, or interest in 3D printing, CNC, electronics, or robotics
- Love of making things, whether for work or hobby