The Tormach PCNC 440
Real CNC For Shops of Any Size
PCNC 440 PACKAGE OPTIONS
Some Assembly Required
REAL CNC FOR SHOPS OF ANY SIZE
A machine that fits all-around capability in a compact and affordable package, the PCNC 440 is perfect for anybody that wants to do real cutting, but doesn’t have a lot of space.
PCNC 440 FEATURES
- Cast Iron Frame and Table
- Dovetail Ways
- Ball Screws
- 10,000 RPM R8 Spindle
- 10″ x 6.25″ x 10″ Work Envelope
POWERED BY PATHPILOT®
PathPilot® is the next generation control platform for Tormach CNC products, featuring professional-level machine control with an intuitive operator interface.
This machine includes a 1 year commercial subscription to Autodesk Fusion 360™
|X-Axis:||10 inches||254 mm|
|Y-Axis:||6.25 inches||158.75 mm|
|Z-Axis:||10 inches||254 mm|
|Spindle Power:||.75 hp||0.56 kW|
|Maximum Speed:||10,000 RPM|
|Thread Machining:||Thread Mill|
|X- and Y-Axis:||135 IPM||3.43 m/min|
|Z-Axis:||110 IPM||2.79 m/min|
|Primary Power Required:||Single-Phase, 115 Vac 50/60 Hz|
|Circuit Amperage Required:||15A Breaker|
|Table Size:||18 inches × 6.30 inches||457.2 mm x 160.02 mm|
|Table Slots:||3/8 inch – Three slots||9.525 mm – Three slots|
|Spindle Nose to Table Max. Clearance:||11 inches||279.40 mm|
|Spindle Centerline to Machine Column:||6.50 inches||165.10 mm|
|Typical System Footprint:||42 inches × 36 inches||1066.80 mm x 914.40 mm|
|Overall System Height:||72 inches||1828.80 mm|
|Typical System Weight:||600 lb||272 kg|
PathPilot® Controller – Standard Features:
- User friendly design
- Support for up to 4-axis continuous machining
- Intuitive conversational programming
- 40 GB of system program memory
- Built-in Dropbox™ support for seamlessly transferring programs
PCNC 440 Options
- 10 ga. Sheet Metal Construction
- 1/4″ Thick Polycarbonate Doors (Compare to Lexan)
- Powder Coated Finish
- Dual Pivoting Front Doors. Opening is 23″ x 24″ (W x H)
- Sliding Side Doors. Opening is 14″ x 20″ (W x H)
- Flat Packed, Some Assembly Required.
Eliminate the need to hand-tighten your drawbar and install this Power Draw Bar on your PCNC 440 for lightning-fast tool changes with the push of a button.
The power drawbar is designed for use with the Tormach Tooling System (TTS), but easily pivots away to allow manual tightening of the drawbar if necessary for conventional R8 tooling.
- Requires 90 psi Air Supply (FRL unit recommended)
- Designed for use with Tormach Tooling System (TTS) toolholders
- Multi-stack air-over-air pneumatic cylinder ram actuation
- Does not load the Spindle Bearings
- Easily Pivots for Manual drawbar tightening for R8 tooling
The Power Drawbar kit includes pneumatic cylinder assembly stack, drawbar, pneumatic push-button box, and all necessary pneumatic tubing.
- Powder Coated Sheet metal Construction
- Front Storage Compartment with Shelf. Opening is 25″ x 22″ (W x H)
- Adjustable Leveling Feet
- Flat Packed, Some Assembly Required
- Coolant reservoir tank
- Coolant Pump
- Hose Kit, including necessary fittings and mounting brackets.
- 8 Station Tool Tray for TTS Tool Holders*
- Slide activation via Double Acting Pneumatic Cylinder with Cushion
- Automatic Crash Detection and Warning Prompts
- Carousel Position Feedback
- Air Blast
- Integrates with PathPilot® with graphical interface
PCNC 440 FAQS
To purchase a custom package, use the PCNC 440 “Build Your Own” Package. This package can be modified to meet your specific needs. Items can be added and subtracted from the package, as you see fit.
The PCNC 440 is controlled by PathPilot™, Tormach’s control system, used on every PCNC mill. PathPilot™ easily interfaces with most popular CAD/CAM systems but includes onboard conversational programming that can create CNC programs at the machine without the need for a CAD/CAM system.
Many accessories that are available for our two larger mills (PCNC 1100 & PCNC 770) are compatible with the PCNC 440, as well. Like our other mills, the PCNC 440 utilizes our TTS tooling system. Some exclusions are the larger vises, high speed spindle attachments, current 4th axis tables, tool setter, load meter, automatic oiler, and active/digital probes (probes may be available in the future).
It can cut aluminum, steel, titanium, as well as plastics, composites, wood, and PCB boards. Anything our other mills can cut.
The PCNC 440 has a footprint of 40” x 32” x 42” (X x Y x Z) – this is not including the stand (full enclosure does not change the footprint).
Looking For Help With Your PCNC 440 Mill?
Visit the Tormach Support Site to find Manuals, Technical Documents, Datasheets, Service Bulletins,The Knowledge Base and Troubleshooting Guides.