LINEAR MOTION AT FEED RATE (G01)
For linear motion at feed rate (for cutting or not), program: G01 X~ Y~ Z~ A~ F~
- X~ is the X-axis coordinate
- Y~ is the Y-axis coordinate
- Z~ is the Z-axis coordinate
- A~ is the A-axis coordinate
- F~ is the feed rate
This produces coordinated linear motion to the destination point at the current feed rate (or slower, if the mill won’t go that fast). The G01 is optional if the current motion mode is G01.
The motion differs if:
- Cutter radius compensation is active
- G53 is programmed on the same line
It’s an error if:
- All axis words are omitted – The axis words are optional, except that at least one must be used.
- G10, G28, G30, or G92 appear in the same block
- No F word is specified