IT Support/ Helpdesk
Are you an experienced IT support/ helpdesk professional who likes helping your colleagues get the most out of their computers and network? Do you enjoy troubleshooting systems to maximize the uptime of software and systems? In your free time, do you like making things and experimenting with different technologies? If so, we are excited to hear from you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as initial contact for all internal technical support required for computer workstation hardware and software, telephone, network, operating system, printing, and internet access problems
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support
- Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution of issues
- Create user accounts and configure hardware as part of new hire process
- Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records
- Performs installs, upgrades, moves and changes for computer workstation hardware and software, printers, and other peripheral devices
- Support and administer Mitel phone system
- Assisting with telecommunication hardware/ software
- Troubleshoot wired and wireless networking issues
- Identify, research and resolve technical problems
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation issues to resolve problems.
- Assist with setting up video conference equipment for meetings connecting multiple locations
- Conducting basic network administrator duties, such as adding/ removing users, setting up e-mail, etc.
- Fix PC, scanner or printer issues
- Fully understand and enforce company policies to protect physical hardware and digital information security
- Other related duties may be assigned
- 2 years help desk experience, minimum
- Associate Degree in computer science/ equivalent experience
- Active directory and Group Policy experience
- Network printer installation and troubleshooting experience, in a domain environment
- Computer installation and troubleshooting experience, in a domain environment
- VoIP Phone administration experience
- General knowledge of Antivirus and general security practices
- Exchange, Skype for Business, Microsoft Office 2013-2016, and Office 365 administration experience
- Computer asset management and lifecycle planning experience
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 experience
Beneficial Skills or Experiences
- Acumatica experience
- A+ certification
- Mitel 5000 phone programming experience (5340e phones)
- QuickBooks 2015- Manufacturing Enterprise Edition familiarity
- Familiarity of OzLINK Bridge software for QuickBooks, USPS and UPS.
- General knowledge of Building Security Systems
- VPN Support Experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Partner Programs
Based just north of Madison, WI, Tormach is a rapidly growing business committed to providing a fun and collaborative work environment. Our story is all about helping people make things. We empower ideas. We make affordable, precise tools and support them with top notch software, customer service, and educational resources. We’re committed to being the best CNC equipment provider to research and development departments, prototyping shops, educational institutions, makerspaces, and small production facilities.
Best of all, we’re a 100% employee owned company whose new hires share in ownership beginning on the first day of employment, in addition to a full benefits package. We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio of your projects — or pictures of things you’ve made below.