Tormach is a fast-growing company with a great culture that fosters collaboration and ideas. We cater to the DIY, maker, entrepreneur, education and professional markets, selling affordable CNC machine tools and accessories. All products are engineered here in our Waunakee, WI, headquarters, just 7 miles from beautiful downtown Madison, WI. As a 100% employee owned company, we feel a sense of community and contribution to the company’s great success. Send us your resume and be a part of something exciting!
The Marketing Intern will assist the Marketing Department in developing and implementing marketing campaigns. To determine the feasibility of campaigns, the Marketing Intern will conduct market research and gather related data. The intern should be prepared to assist in all areas of the Marketing Department (search, social media, customer relations, web design, print and digital advertising, etc.), under close mentorship from a marketing associate.
- Help maintain, improve, and expand PPC and SEO programs for advertising Tormach products on Google AdWords, Bing Ads and Facebook.
- Monitor and manage display ad campaigns (about 20% of the time)
- Create a remarketing strategy to reach customers at specific sections of the buying funnel (15%)
- Create materials and design ads for display campaigns using InDesign and other digital programs (15%)
- Develop and implement an analytics strategy to continually optimize and measure campaign performance. (15%)
- Create monthly marketing analytics reports. (15%)
- Research methods for selling on third-party vendor platforms. (10%)
- Assist the department with miscellaneous tasks. (10%)
Skills and Proficiencies
The ideal candidate is creative, well-organized, self-motivated, and should possess:
- Ability to create digital content using InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- Experience with or ability to learn QuickBooks and Google AdWords, Merchant Center, and Analytics, and other analytics programs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
Required Education: Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communication, sales, or advertising. Recent 2017 graduates are also eligible for this position.