Mar 1, 2017 -
Tormach is a fast-growing company with a great culture that fosters collaboration and ideas. We cater to the DIY, maker, entrepreneur, education and professional markets, selling affordable CNC machine tools and accessories. All products are engineered here in our Waunakee, WI, headquarters, just 7 miles from beautiful downtown Madison, WI. As a 100% employee owned company, we feel a sense of community and contribution to the company’s great success. Send us your resume and be a part of something exciting!
Due to continued growth, we are seeking a full-time CNC Maintenance Technician with a focus on electrical experience. In this new role, you will become a member of the Tormach Technical Support Team and will interface with customers in R&D, education, short-run production, or simply entrepreneurs with an idea.
Responsibilities include assisting customers with the repair, use, and selection of Tormach CNC milling machines and lathes. Tormach CNC Maintenance Technicians are also involved with new-product development including prototyping, testing, and documenting new machines/accessories.
Applicants must have an extensive shop background and be able to communicate their expertise effectively both over the phone and in writing. This office-based position allows you to step away from the machine and help others with your knowledge.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- 3 – 10 years of troubleshooting experience in a customer service or production environment
- Knowledge of machining and machine processes
- Strong electrical aptitude
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities including effectively responding to and resolving technical situations over the phone
- Possesses customer care philosophy
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere.
Based just north of Madison, WI, Tormach offers a pleasant work environment, strong growth, and excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and company matching retirement plan.