Apr 18, 2017 -
Are you an experienced machinist who likes pushing CNC machines to their limits, and helping newer operators learn their way around CNC mills and lathes? Do you enjoy collaborating with other technical experts to prototype, test, and help create documentation for new accessories and machines? If so, we are excited to hear from you.
- Build positive relationships with customers from a variety of backgrounds, ranging from R&D engineers to hobbyists, by providing quality customer service
- Helping customers by phone and email select the best machine for their application, and troubleshoot any operational issues
- Working independently and collaboratively to develop new products, which typically includes prototyping, testing, and documenting new machines and accessories
- Offer electrical expertise to other technicians
- 3 - 10 years of troubleshooting experience in a customer service or production environment
- Knowledge of machining and machine processes
- Electrical aptitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong personal organization
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities including effectively responding to and resolving technical situations over the phone
- Possesses customer care philosophy
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere
- Background in making things, whether for work or hobby
Strengths and Interests
- Knowledge of CNC machinery and experience using it
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in making things
- Willingness to share knowledge and help others
- Familiarity with the machining community, including social media groups and other hackerspace, maker, or educational communities
Based just north of Madison, WI, Tormach is a rapidly growing business committed to providing a fun and collaborative work environment. Our story is all about helping people make things. We empower ideas. We make affordable, precise tools and support them with top notch software, customer service, and educational resources. We're committed to being the best CNC equipment provider to research and development departments, prototyping shops, educational institutions, makerspaces, and small production facilities.
Best of all, we're a 100% employee owned company whose new hires share in ownership beginning on the first day of employment, in addition to a full benefits package. We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.Submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio of your projects - or pictures of things you've made below.