BORING CYCLE (G88)
The G88 cycle is intended for boring and uses a P word, where P specifies the number of seconds to dwell.
Program: G88 X~ Y~ Z~ A~ R~ L~ P~
The G88 cycle is as follows:
- Step 1: Preliminary canned cycle motion.
- Step 2: Move the Z-axis only at the current feed rate to the Z position.
- Step 3: Dwell for the P number of seconds.
- Step 4: Stop the spindle turning.
- Step 5: Stop the program so the operator can retract the spindle manually.
- Step 6: Restart the spindle in the direction it was going.