BORING CYCLE (G86)
The G86 cycle is intended for boring. This cycle uses a P number for the number of seconds to dwell.
Program: G86 X~ Y~ Z~ A~ R~ L~ P~
The G86 cycle is as follows:
- Step 1: Preliminary canned cycle motion.
- Step 2: Move the Z-axis only at the current feed rate to the Z position.
- Step 3: Dwell for the P number of seconds.
- Step 4: Stop the spindle turning.
- Step 5: Retract the Z-axis at traverse rate to clear Z.
- Step 6: Restart the spindle in the direction it was going.
- Step 7: Move the Z-axis only at the current feed rate to the Z position.
It’s an error if:
- The spindle is not turning before this cycle is executed