We saw PathPilot as an opportunity to make a better control software. We consistently get high praise on it because it’s easy to learn, easy to use, and can help you do almost anything. That feedback is hard earned and it means the world to us.
Cost-effective. All the other kinds of effective, too.
Cost and capability are two of the biggest barriers in a CNC investment. Tormach was built on the idea of minimizing those barriers.
Get cutting, get making, using high-value, well-appointed machines. If that sounds like a reasonable promise to you, you might be our people.
If it’s included, it’s included.
PathPilot was developed with the features we’d want in control software. FREE Upgrades! We eliminated headaches like costly upgrades or the kind of a la carte pricing that holds advanced features behind a big paywall. The extras shouldn’t be extra. Costs shouldn’t be hidden. Updates should be accessible.
If you’re investing in a Tormach with PathPilot, we want you to have all of PathPilot so you can do amazing things — Straight out of the box!
- No Hidden Extras. PathPilot comes loaded with premium features as our standard.
- Easy to Use. With a click of the mouse, you can do common tasks like referencing axes, setting work and tool offsets, and adjusting feed rates.
- Upgradeable. We’re constantly adding new features and providing software upgrades…for FREE!
- Advanced Graphics. PathPilot’s tab system displays everything you need to see clearly to get the job done while advanced graphics display job progress in real time.
- Conversational Programming. You can program basic parts at the machine without CAD or CAM.
- Expert Support. PathPilot was designed for Tormach machines and is exclusive to us. We provide no-cost, in-house technical support by experts who have hands-on experience to talk you through any issues.
- Additional Resources. A library of tutorials and online videos empowering you to learn at your own pace.
See All Features of PathPilot v2.0
- Reliable, real-time Linux operating system under the hood
- Compatible with ISO-standard, Fanuc G-code
- Shop-floor programming allows for easy:
- Engraving, facing, drilling and tapping, pocketing, profiling, serialization, and threadmilling
- Assembly of multiple routines, including mixing CAM G-code with conversational G-code
- Inch or metric programming
- 4-axis continuous machining
- 100 percent, U.S.-based, free support from expert technical support staff at Tormach
- Free upgrades and continual feature development
- User-friendly design
- Tutorial videos
- Comprehensive instructional material
- 80 GB of program memory
- File syncing from CAD/CAM design workstations using Dropbox
- Expanded functionality through accessories and features such as CNC scanner, height gage, SmartCool, USB I/O port
- Tool path simulation with extent checking and jump-to-location navigation in G-code
- Mid-program restart
- Automated probing routines
- User-defined macros
- 3D-smoothing through the G64 CV mode, which accepts blend tolerance
- Cutter wear compensation support through G41 and G42
- Subroutine programming support
- External automation interface through a 4-input, 4-output expansion accessory
- 1000 blocks of look-ahead