Just got a 4th axis and not sure how to start? First things first – make sure you know how to properly set it up and align it to your PCNC mill. Check out our latest Fab Lab Skill builder video to learn how to do it right.
This video also is a great demonstration of error stackup and the importance of knowing exactly what you are measuring. It’s just another example of why a dial indicator is one of the most important tools in the machine shop.
More Tormach Fab Lab Videos:
- Fixture Plate Basics
- Getting Started with Tension/Compression Tapping
- Getting Started with Auto-Reversing Tapping
- How to Swing Indicate a Square
- How to Swing Indicate a Circle
- How to Bore an OD
- How to Bore an ID
- How to Use a Sine Vise
- Tips for using Strap Clamps
- How to Square a Block