PCNC 1100 Personal CNC Mill Specifications
PCNC 1100 Series 3 CNC Mill
The PCNC 1100 Series 3 is the third generation of our best-selling small CNC mill. From the beginning, the PCNC 1100 was developed as an affordable, easy-to-use CNC Mill for engineers, designers, inventors, technicians, hobbyists, educators, and specialty/short-run manufacturers. Each PCNC 1100 combines quality components with thoughtful engineering and Tormach's best-in-class technical support to provide the best value in CNC milling.
PCNC 1100 CNC Mill Design Considerations:
- Affordable Precision - achieved by a combination of dynamic stiffness and motion resolution. An engineered frame provides maximum stiffness/weight ratio. Direct-drive anti-backlash ballscrews coupled to a precision microstepping drive system provide best-in-class motion resolution.
- Capability to Cut any Material â€“ from plastic and aluminum to stainless and pre-hardened steel. A Robust 1.5hp spindle design with digital drive electronics provides both the speed range and torque characteristics to tackle any job, no matter the material.
- Expandable, Modular Design â€“ add accessories like 4th Axis, Automatic Tool Changer, Power Draw Bar as needed. PCNC 1100 CNC Mills are designed to grow with your business and interests.
- Low cost of Ownership â€“ a well executed, but simple design means your PCNC 1100 CNC Mill is easy to maintain and affordable to run. Its built for the rigors of daily use, but affordable as an occasional, at-the-ready CNC milling capability.
New Features: PCNC 1100 Series 3 CNC Mill
For the PCNC 1100 Series 3, we introduced a completely revamped axis motion system that combines high performance polyphase motors with state-of-the-art LeadshineÂ® microstepping drive electronics. As a result, the PCNC 1100 Series 3 CNC Mill provides increased torque at cutting speeds, faster motion maximums, and ultra-quiet performance over previous generations of Tormach CNC Milling machines.
Polyphase Motion Provides:
- Increased maximum motion speeds
- Significant Improved Torque at Cutting Speeds
- Lower Noise
- Improved Accuracy
- Improved Linearity
- Reduced Vibration
For more information about the benefits of polyphase motion, refer to our Series 3 Design Analysis Whitepaper
Additional New Feature: PCNC 1100 Series 3 CNC Mill
Redesigned Operator Console:
Based on customer feedback, we've reorganized the buttons into functional groupings for better work flow and utility.
New Paint Formulation:
PCNC 1100 personal CNC milling machines are now painted with a long lasting 2-part acrylic alkyd-amino resin system that adheres tightly and is resistant to most cutting fluids and oils.
Cast Iron Tool Tray:
A popular feature that first appeared on our smaller PCNC 770 personal CNC milling machines is now standard on all PCNC 1100 personal CNC mills, providing a convenient place to set wrenches, clamps and other hand tools.
Technical Specifications: PCNC 1100 Series 3 CNC Mill
|Table Size:||34" x 9.5"|
|Table Slots:||3 Slots 5/8"|
|Travel:||18" x 9.5" x 16.25" (X,Y,Z)|
|Spindle Nose to Table:||17" maximum|
|Spindle Center to Column:||11"|
|Spindle Nose Diameter:||3 3/8"|
|Shipping Dimensions:||56" x 45" x 60"|
|Weight:||1130 lbs net / 1296 lbs gross (excludes stand)|
|Max Workpiece :||500 lbs Maximum|
|Frame and Table||Cast iron frame and table, with hand scraped hydrodynamic ways and tapered adjustment gibs|
|Way Surfaces||Low friction PTFE-filled Acetyl bonded sliding surface. Similar to RulonÂ® and TurciteÂ®|
|Spindle Taper:||R8 (optional BT30 retrofit available)|
|Spindle Construction:||Cartridge with spindle lock|
|Spindle Drive:||Emerson Control Techniquesâ„˘ Sensorless Vector Technology with Fold-back logic
|Spindle Power:||1.5 hp Brushless AC 3-phase Induction Motor,
Vacuum Pressure Impregnated (VPI) Windings
|Spindle Speed:||100 to 5140 RPM|
|Transmission:||V-Belt Drive, 2 ratios|
|Feed Rate:||110 IPM (X,Y)
90 IPM (Z)
|Axis Drives:||High Performance Polyphase Stepper
Motors with LeadshineÂ® Microstepping
Drivers. - Learn More
|Ballscrews||Ground P4 Ball Screw with anti-backlash double ball nut
|Operator Console||Complete spindle control, plus
|PC â€“ MachOS (recommended) or Ubuntu Linux; Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 (compatible)
|Additional Control Features|
Learn more about the engineering behind Tormach PCNC 1100 personal CNC mills from our PCNC Design Whitepaper.
Find out more about Tormach, the latest news and upcoming events, or read the Tormach story to learn more about Tormach's affordable personal CNC milling machines and start enabling your ideas with Tormach!
Learn about Tormach's complete line of CNC milling machines and accessories, including the Tormach PCNC 770, a space-saving alternative to traditional benchtop CNC milling machines.